Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Special Prayer Request For A Blogger Buddy

I have a special prayer request this evening for a blogger-buddy of mine.
Deron over at Here in Time is in the end-stages of his disease, Cystic Fibrosis.

I'm sure all of you know what Cystic Fibrosis is and how devastating its effects can be.

Although I don't know Deron personally, I definitely feel like I do, after having read his blog and having gotten to know about him, his 3 year old twin boys and his wife, all through the writings on his blog. (Isn't blogging a GREAT forum??!)

Deron is now at the top of the list for a double lung transplant due to the severity of his CF. Obviously this is a huge, HUGE surgery.

Whatever your faith, I'd ask you to please take a moment and pray for him and his family.
And, if you feel so compelled, you might want to stop by his blog and leave him a little note of encouragement. I know he'd really appreciate it.

Deron is a man of great faith, and he also has a great sense of humor and a very optimistic outlook on life. He has really been an inspiration to me!

Thanks, guys. :-)

PS: Deron, you ROCK!! :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for all of your prayers. I am reminded of Paul's famous verse in his letter to the Philippians. "I can do all things [whatever he asks of me] through Christ who strengthens me."
Though there are times when I despair even of life, I agree that my struggles are light and momentary compared with the future glory we have in heaven. And I firmly believe that nothing I or my family endures here will be in vain (1 Co 15:58).

Unknown said...

absolutely. prayers, faith, hope, all of these are powerful things that bring about miracles. my prayers will be with you tonight deron, and tomorrow, and the day after.

Me said...

Saying a prayer for Deron and his family.

Suzanne said...

Done. He is added to my daily prayers list....
best of luck to him and his family.