Sunday, June 1, 2008

Late-Breaking Puppy News!




I believe we may have found our breeder!

Really nice guy - also happens to be a well known home builder here in the ATL - (and NO he does not run a puppy mill). He owns both the dam and the sire - both are AKC registered Labs. The litter of pups are very healthy and they are 3 weeks old as of today. Obviously they won't be ready to go for another 3 weeks but we're going to go down for our initial "meet and greet" in a week or so.

I did a phone interview with the breeder and felt very comfortable with him, and I believe he felt very comfortable with me.

He sent me several photos, 3 of which I have attached here.

Starting to get REALLY excited now!

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

awwww....get ready for that baby.
I bet the kids are besides themselves.
FUN FUN FUN

HWHL said...

Part of me wants to get two, because then the pups would have a little "play companion" (plus I love that pale yellow one... the one that looks almost white...?).

But then we'd wind up with 3 BIG dogs. That a LOT of dogs, a LOT of fur, a lot of BARKING and a lot of POOP in the backyard (that guess WHO gets to clean up...).

But yes, the kids are super excited. Hubster and I are as well. I predict many Puppy Posts over the next month or two. :-)

Najia said...

Hello!!!

Thank you sooooo much for the update on your upcoming babies!!! Don't you wish they could stay as puppies forever!? I can't wait to find out which one(s) you come home with. So adorable!!! I just want to squish their faces!

If Hubster is against 2 little puppies, why not get one puppy and then rescue another young lab, around 18 months to 3 years old? That way the puppy has a young dog to play with and learn socialized behavior, AND, you won't have 2 puppies to teach everything to!

However many you end up with, it will be exciting. New additions are always exciting, whether they be puppies or not. Keep the pics coming!!!

HWHL said...

KBL - yes, I really wish they could stay fat cute little puppies forever. (...Same way I wish my surly soon-to-be 6th grade son could revert back to when he was a snuggly 4 year old.) :-)

My kids are also lobbying hard for another cat (ours died last Summer), so this may be the Summer of Bountiful Pets... we'll see!

Me said...

OMG they are all little sausages!!! How can you even decide??? I love warm puppy bellies. I have a feeling in a few short weeks your blog is going to take on an entirely different theme...

pups and poop!

HWHL said...

Laura,
Yes I can't wait for the fat puppy bellies! And the hyper running-around-the-house (with the wild look in the eyes!)

So much fun.... I may have to start a "sister blog" just to chronicle the Adventures in Puppyhood.

Pee, Poop, and Pups