Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hubster No Esta Aqui


Hubster is out of town this weekend. He and a handful of his buddies took a "Guys Trip" to the North Georgia Mountains. (And yes, for those of you who aren't aware, North Georgia is in the lovely Blue Ridge Mountains.... in fact, the Appalachian Trail (pictured above) starts in North Georgia.)

So, anyway, they're all up there at a cabin that belongs to one of his buddies. They're doing some hiking, some drinking (I'm sure), and probably some target shooting out in the woods (away from the trail of course). When I talked to him this evening, he was making steak & shrimp for everyone out on the grill (he's a fabulous cook... ).

Anyway, I miss him when he's gone, and I'm happy he has a job where he doesn't have to travel for work. Yes, it's nice not having to step over his dirty clothes when he's away, and yes it's nice not having to suffer through another episode of "Deadliest Catch" or "American Chopper" on TV (do women really watch those shows???), but I still miss him. I hate sleeping alone in our big bed and, believe it or not, I even miss his snoring. (Although I would never tell him that.)

And Ruby? Our sweet devoted dog who ADORES him? She has been moping around the house... she'll go to the front door and gaze out the little side window, give a Very Dramatic Sigh, and then plop down on the floor. Such drama, that dog.

3 comments:

Laurie Brandriet Keller said...

Your blog is great and I like your writing very much. We have many commonalities; migraines, cool husbands, Ruby's, and more. Looking forward to more posts!

Suzanne said...

awww. poor Ruby. Cocoa too adores her Daddy.
I don't mind the time apart though...but the big bed is wel...big with only me.
But eating cereal for dinner sometimes is nice too.

HWHL said...

Ha ha - that's so funny you said that, because we LIVED on cereal while he was gone! Long Live Lucky Charms! (Or, as S used to call them when she was little "Chucky Larms"...) :-)

Hubster is making buffalo wings right now, with bleu cheese dip... yummmmy. (I think he's trying to make up for the pickled garlic debacle....)