Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Moment of Silence...

...If you are fortunate enough NOT to have migraines, stop and thank God. Seriously.

My migraines laugh at Imitrex. I also take Topamax, which works MOST of the time at preventing them, but every once in a blue moon (or maybe it's every once in a FULL moon) one breaks through. And one has broken through today. :-(

I have 16 orders from clients that I'm working on, so crawling into bed and NOT working today isn't really an option for me, so I've taken as much pain medication as I can (without "toasting" my poor liver) and am plowing through. Luckily the pain meds have made the pain at least tolerable. Thank goodness.

So, be thankful if you don't get these things. The pain is tough to describe, the closest I can come is to say it's like a hot knife inserted between my right eye socket and my brain. (Sorry for anyone who is squeamish out there.) Bright light and noise make the pain geometrically worse, so I'm working in a quiet, cool, darkened office.

Eventually (probably by tomorrow morning) it will go away (typically after a wave of nausea hits me), but until then, it will be the definition of Unpleasant.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

I am so sorry. I have only had a couple of these, and they were YEARS ago. I hope you are getting over it.
I am so pissed...I just read what that loser wrote on Kellans blog/comments.
I say we find her and beat her with wire hangers.
I told kellan this, and the fact that I thought she was lacking in attention at her own home. :)
Mean girls suck.

HWHL said...

Yeah, let's me and you go beat her up. Surely since you're 5'2" and I'm 5'1", we'll look REALLY scary together. (People will tremble at the mere sight of our approach.)
:-)

(I left a "reply" to Elizabeth The Mean, on Kellan's comment board.... telling her basically to have a bowl of Capn Crunch (or a cocktail) and just "RELAX, woman!")

Kellan said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! I don't get many headaches, but my husband does and my daughter Chloe does. I know they are very painful - take care - Kellan

Me said...

Have you ever had a deep massage at the base of your skull when you get one? Maybe your husband can do it but he has to push really hard but make sure he doesn't damage anything. Tom does it for me when I get one and he uses his two thumbs and presses hard at the base of my skull at the start of my neck and actually pushes upwards. Sometimes it makes me tear up but it does help with the severity of the pain. I hope it's better. That is just the WORST feeling. Drink lots of water too and maybe put a cool cloth over your eyes for a bit if you can and rest.

Jason, as himself said...

I am very glad that I don't have migraines.

Thanks for tagging me, things are way crazy up in the air for me right now so it will take me a few more days to get to it. BUT I WILL. :)

HWHL said...

Smiley - I will put Hubster to work - good suggestion!

Jason - no rush at all... whenever you have time. :-)

Unknown said...

I am so sorry about your day yesterday! I have only had a few, way back in 1997, for about a month and it was connect with an eye problem I was having. I can't imagine going through that all the time!