Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Foreclosure Across The Street

My crazy across-the-street-neighbor (who I've blogged about before) apparently has had her house foreclosed on. It all makes sense now. The fact that she tried to sell her house by owner and listed it waaaaaay below market "for quick sale" (according to her flyer) .....and the fact that her house and yard has been looking pretty unkempt (whereas it always looked flawless before) .... it all makes sense now.

I really feel sorry for her.

Anyway, she and her (hen-pecked) husband disappeared about 2 weeks ago and the latest "buzz" up at the neighborhood pool is that the house is a foreclosure.

Even though she was nuttier than squirrel poop, she kept to herself, for the most part.

I hope whoever moves into the house next isn't worse.
They could look like this....



Or worse yet, like this....



Or, I could get really lucky, and John Corbett could move in across the street. (My friend Anne and I would probably get arrested for stalking if John Corbett moved into our neighborhood.)

:-)




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had neighbors like that before! They always had things repossessed, like furniture, their cars, motorcycles. I think they had like 6 foreclosures before the last one finally did the job! The whole neighborhood was so glad!

Here's hoping the next people that move in are GOOD people!

Anonymous said...

Girl, I just added you to my blogroll!

=)

HWHL said...

Bella, I feel so honoroed! :-)

Yes, I hate having bad neighbors. I'm really pretty easygoing, but this lady was nuts. Hopefully the "new" neighbors will be nice, and will have a nice 12 year old boy my son can play with (our subdivision is over-run with little girls but oddly, very few boys who are J's age...)

Suzanne said...

that really is sad. I always say the next to a death, losing your house would be traumatic.
I do hope they can make a good life...away from sane people.
John Corbett as a neighbor? yowza...sounds like fun. As long as BO Derek does not come too.

HWHL said...

Suz, for this to have "full fantasy" appeal, I'm afraid Bo would have to stay back in L.A.
:-)

Unknown said...

Wait....I'm waiting for John!!!

HWHL said...

D'Arcy - I love John Corbett. I think when you look up "sexy" in Webster's, there should be a little sketch of him next to the word. :-)