Sunday, June 15, 2008

Torrey Pines


I've decided I'm going to move to Torrey Pines.

After reading KBL's blog, I've become completely smitten with San Diego area.... then after reading SmileyGirl's blog, that basically cemented this Georgia girl's "crush" on Southern California.

So, after this weekend, and watching the USGA tourney at Torrey Pines with Hubster (and my Dad, and my father-in-law), I've decided my little family simply MUST move there.
After all, it's absolutely gorgeous. Just LOOK at this picture!

(KBL, I am so envious! Do you realize how lucky you are? ...yes, of course you do.... that's a rhetorical question...)

After all, I can run my business from anywhere I darn well please, since 99% of it is all done via internet and phone. And Hubster works for a huge international package delivery company (I won't mention names, but his uniform and his big truck are both BROWN). I'm sure they have an office or two in San Diego, right???

Now all we have to do is sell our house, fly out there, find a new house, and find really good schools for the kids. No big deal.

(Of course, I'm being silly. There's no way I would leave my family, friends, church family, and the life we've built here.... BUT I really am completely smitten by the natural beauty in the San Diego area. )
I think Hubster and I are going to have to plan a romantic getaway to the Torrey Pines and Laguna Beach areas sometime very soon....!

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Call me...I would like to go also.
Looks great.

HWHL said...

Maybe we could do a couples trip out there - the 4 of us. It really looks lovely.

Anonymous said...

That really is beautiful!

Big Sur (CA) is even more beautiful... if you can imagine (I'm originally from CA!).

=)

HWHL said...

Bella,
Big Sur is on my "list" too... I have SO MANY places I want to see. I really just need to win the lottery or something so I can just travel, and be a Wandering Philanthropist. :-)

Slow John said...

I was looking at some older posts and this caught my attention. I grew up about four miles from where the picture was taken. My parents still live there and I visit regularly. You may not know this, but I went to Torrey Pines Elementary School. If you ever make it out, I'll give you a tour.

John

HWHL said...

John, I will take you up on that! San Diego has LONG been on my "places to go" list, so I'm sure we'll get there eventually. The natural beauty at Torrey Pines is truly breathtaking. You're lucky to have grown up there. :)