Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My "Peace Place"

Gustav over at 9Worlds (who always has THE most thought-provoking posts) asked, not long ago, what places are special to us, as far as giving us peace/tranquility.

I have a few that are special to me, but one of my very favorite places is any deserted beach at sunrise. I prefer sunrise to sunset because 1) you usually have the beach to yourself (or close to it) and 2) the day ahead stretches out before you like a plain white canvas, and it's up to YOU what you're going to do with it. I love that.

The above photo was taken by me, in April 2006, on the Georgia coast, just as the sun was coming up over the horizon. A flock of birds was passing overhead and it was a completely perfect, grace-infused, peace-filled morning.

Some people only take communion in church.... that morning I had my communion on the beach. And it rocked.

3 comments:

Laurie Brandriet Keller said...

That is a fine photograph!

HWHL said...

Why thank you, Laurie! It was a "fine moment", too!

Unknown said...

Wow, takes my breath away. I was coming to your blog tonight just to search this out in the archives of your blog, and here you have it, right there waiting for me. Thanks!