Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Whew.... Peace at Last

Hubster is on vacation this week. When he is home, my kids are WOUND UP. Forget the "Summer Schedule" I have them on.... any sort of organization and routine goes totally out the window when Daddy is home.

My house looks like it has been ransacked. In fact, if a police officer were to wander in here, he would probably call for back up, thinking something Really Bad had happened.

So anyway, after yesterday when I got NO WORK done for all the Wildness, I told Hubster "Please take the kids on a long 'outing' tomorrow." So, they just left - they're going to visit his parents (halfway across town) then they're bringing in bags of aluminum cans to be recycled (very exciting stuff) and then they're going on a hunt for a hummingbird feeder. They should be gone at least 3 hours.

Ahhh..... Peace. Quiet. Tranquility.

I can get some WORK done.
I can clean up my house, where it's at least no longer a health hazard.
Right now it looks like a Superfund Site....

2 comments:

Kellan said...

Hope you enjoyed your quiet time and the kids enjoyed time with Dad!

Have a good day - Kellan

Unknown said...

That sounds heavenly! That's how my whole week has been, and I think it is overkill. When you have ALL this time, you waste it more. But three hours. You'll savor every minute!