Monday, June 9, 2008

Lady Godiva Has Been Selected


Well, we took a family trip to meet the Litter of Labradors today.

It was a long drive down to the breeder we selected - a good hour and a half from where we live, but well worth the drive. :-)

We arrived to find a HERD of very playful puppies.... VERY hard to narrow it down, but we really did have our hearts set on a female chocolate. So, we selected a very playful, fat, happy Chocolate female. She has blue eyes (they will probably turn a hazel-green color.) In the above picture, "Lady Godiva" (what we have named our puppy) is the first chocolate lab on the right.

The litter is 4 weeks old now, so we have 2 more weeks to go before she can will be ready to come home with us. (Plenty of time to buy toys and prepare for the inevitable destruction that will soon be visited upon the house...) :-)

We also met both the dam and the sire - both are active, attractive, healthy, friendly and have great personalities. Everyone got along famously. :-)

More pictures to follow soon!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh my gosh...delish.
My MIL was here this weekend with her brood of 3 labs...wowza you should see the amount of hair I vacuumed up from their 24 hour stay. I will post it soon...I took a pic of the clean up. :)
you will love her though...hair and all I am sure.

HWHL said...

They were all really REALLY cute (including the BREEDER - wasn't expecting HIM to be a Hot Young Thing, but he sure was!) LOL....

All the puppies were cute.... really, any one of them would have been the perfect pet for us. I can't wait to see Ruby's reaction. I think she'll be very motherly, esp since this pup will only be 6 - 7 weeks when she comes to live with us. :-)

The Girl Next Door said...

So cute! We have a yellow lab - my mother's day present 9 years ago - and so lovable. Enjoy her! Great name. My daughter has already named the next dog she's lobbying for...we need 2 WHY?! But that photo of yours makes me think we do...

Great blog - found you on Busy Bee!

Unknown said...

I haven't been around puppies enough lately! I miss the beauty of new life!