Thursday, June 5, 2008

Reason 427 Why I Don't Want To Be An Astronaut

Forget Lisa Marie Nowak, the diaper-wearing, mentally ill NASA stalker chick.

I just heard something WAY worse that has cemented the fact that I NEVER want to go into outer space.

Apparently, the one toilet on the space shuttle has been broken for TWO WEEKS.
Hello? Two WEEKS??? According to the news, NASA finally arranged for some Russian cosmonaut (who obviously doubles as a plumber when he's on Earth) to come aboard and fix the errant potty.

Prior to that, the poor astronauts had to use BAGGIES for their personal waste disposal.
For TWO WEEKS.

Can you imagine? Baggies??
No, me neither.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh...and I thought a port-a-potty to use during camping was tough....ugh.

HWHL said...

I can "do" a port-a-potty if needed. I just hold my breath and don't look down.

But I can't IMAGINE a baggie. just.... ICK. :-O

Sugar Jones said...

My kids were laughing hysterically when I told them what the mission was. It is pretty funny. Still, it's always so amazing to watch one of those suckers lift off like that. But does anyone else still hold there breath and wait for that first seventy-three seconds to pass? PTSD for the 80s crowd.

Suzanne said...

Yeah....that takes camping to a whole new level.
poor guys/girls...